So first Weekend of October is here. And I am here with some spicy Bengali style Fritter. Spice up your snack with this easy-to-cook snack ideas.
CHORBIR BORA / DEEP FRIED MUTTON FAT
- Take lumps of mutton fat.
- Cut them into cubes.
- Add salt to taste, pinch of turmeric powder.
- Cut Onion into thin slices.
- Put it.
- Add 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder.
- Mix everything with hand.
- Pour oil in pan.
- Make small balls from the mixture.
- Put it in pan for frying.
- Fry till Fritters become brown in appearance.
- Serve hot.
RED LENTIL FRITTERS
This Fritter is something which is very popular in Bengali household. It’s an easy to cook Fritter recipe.
- Soak red lentil in water for 5-6 hours.
- Grind it into paste.
- Whisk the Dal batter.
- Make small Bora with hand.
- Pour oil in pan. Wait till smoke starts coming out.
- Put BORAS for frying.
- Fry till BORAS become crispy outside and soft inside.
- Serve hot.
- Chop Onion into thin slices.
- Put it in Dal batter.
- Whisk everything.
- Make small Bora with hand and fry them in oil
- Make sure to fry them in medium-low flame.
- Serve crispy Bora.
BEST THING ABOUT THIS FRIITERS , THERE IS NO NEED FOR ANY ACCOMPANIMENT TO SERVE THIS FRITTERS.
Last but not the least, if any fritters are left, cook them in water based tomato-turmeric gravy and serve with rice or bread for Dinner. This way no food gets wasted.