Called by various names, as Butter Paneer , Butter Paneer Masala ,is one of the most popular Paneer Recipe in India. A rich creamy dish of Paneer cooked in a tomato-cashew sauce. Spices such as red chilli powder, Garam masala powder, are also used.
I had first enjoyed this PANEER RECIPE when I took a trip in Varanasi, in my School days. A creamy gravy of cashews and tomatoes adding nutty flavour to the curry took my heart at very first bite. Since then I have tried this recipe at several restaurants and even My mom tried this recipe at home.
WHAT MAKES PANEER MAKHANI /PANEER BUTTER MASALA SO SPECIAL
Paneer chunks fried and cooked in an emulsied gravy of cashews,tomato and ginger holds special place in Indian cuisine. Being subtley different from the Mughlai style SHAHI PANEER this recipe is bit tangy in taste.
SOME ESSENTIAL TIPS
- Always marinate the paneer cubes with lemon juice and black pepper powder before frying them.
- Cut tomato into thin slice. Make smooth paste.
- If cashew is not available, use almonds, scrap the skin before making paste.
- 300 GM Paneer
- 3 Tomato
- 2 Onion
- 6-8 Cashew Nuts
- 1/2 inch Ginger slice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Soya Oil to Cook
- 1 spoon Ghee
HOW TO COOK RESTAURANT STYLE PANEER BUTTER MASALA
- Cut paneer into cubes.
- Add 1 tsp salt and 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Cut Onion, tomato into thin slices.
- Pour oil in pan. Add ghee.
- Put the cashew nuts for frying.
- Then add onion slices. Fry them.
- Then add tomato slices.
- Cook for few minutes.
- Take it out and let it cool. Make smooth paste of it in blender.
- Now fry paneer cubes. Set them aside after frying.
- Temper oil with 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder.
- Add the masala paste.
- Saute for few minutes.
- Add water as masala becomes golden.
- Add the fried paneer cubes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cook till water absorbs the flavour of masala and the raw smell of water goes away.
- Serve hot.