Bhapa Dimer Chop – a modified version of Bengali classic Dimer Devil. Here instead of boiled eggs,baked eggs have been used for cooking this recipe. Baked eggs coated with biscuit crumbs and then dipped in masala loaded besan batter , fried till crisp.
This recipe will be an absolute treat for DURGA PUJO FEAST. Serve this crispy starter over a hot cup of tea, a perfect ADDA SET UP.
My fondness for Chop grew with the absolute lipsmacking delicacies that we often used to buy from our Parar Choper Dokan (Neighborhood store selling croquettes and fried foods). And the love developed when my mother started preparing this at our kitchen.
This Durgapuja is different from other years. It’s better to indulge in home-cooked food rather than ordering from outside. So to make our palate interesting, I was thinking about cooking something unique,yet flavourful. So tiger with my mother, I chalked out this delightful starter recipe that will make you drool.
- Cuisine – Bengali/Indian
- Course – Starter
- Prep time -10 minutes
- Cooking time -40 minutes
- Author Tina
For BHAPA EGG (STEAMED EGG)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Onion
- 4-6 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- Turmeric Powder pinch
FOR BESAN BATTER
- 3 Cup Besan (Gram flour)
- 2 Tsp Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tsp Rice Flour
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder pinch.
- Gur pinch (optional)
- 1 Tsp Carom Seeds
- Nigella Seeds (pinch).
Soya Oil to Fry
HOW TO COOK BENGALI STYLE BHAPA DIMER CHOP
- Take a bowl.
- Break eggs and put it in Bowl.
- Add 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder,1 tsp Black Pepper Powder, salt to taste, pinch of turmeric powder, 1 tsp Coriander Powder.
- Chop the onion and garlic cloves.
- Put it in Bowl.
- Mix everything.
- Take a box. Grease with butter/ghee.
- Pour the egg mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. (Time of baking varies, check by inserting a knife. Bake till knife comes out clean).
- Take out on a plate.
- Cut into cubes/slices(,shapes of your choice)
- Take a bowl.
- Add besan, whole wheat flour, rice flour.
- Add carom seeds, Nigella Seeds, salt to taste, pinch of turmeric powder.
- Mix the dry ingredients first.
- Slowly add water and prepare the batter.
- The batter shouldn’t be too runny.
- Pour soya oil in pan.
- Let it boil till smoke starts coming out.
- Then lower the flame.
- Take cubes of Bhapa Egg. (One by one).
- Roll in biscuit crumbs.
- Then dip in Besan batter.
- Put it in pan.
- Fry in medium flame.
- Fry each croquettes till it becomes golden outside.
- The croquettes should be crisp outside.
- Drain out the excess oil.
- Serve with hot tea.