Boiled eggs, fried and then cooked in a luscious gravy of tomato and spices.
A spicy flavourful curry that can be cooked in just 25 minutes. It goes best with rice, roti or Paratha.
In our home, eggs are loved by all. From boiled to omlettes to poaches, there must be an egg preparation in one of our meal.
As eggs are regularly cooked in our kitchen, sometimes its kinda boring to have it in same Onion tomato based gravy. So, to make our daily course interesting I tried this Kolhapuri Egg Curry, where eggs are cooked in a rich coconut gravy. Also there’s a twist in Spices. Check the detailed Recipe
I have made a paste of coconut for the gravy. If wish, you can chop the coconut in cubes and use it to cook gravy. Also grated coconut can be used in cooking the gravy.
- Course – Main Course
- Cuisine- Indian
- Prep time -15-20 minutes
- Cooking time -20 minutes
- Author Tina
- 5 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Coconut slices
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 Ginger slice
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Mustard oil to cook
- Boil eggs and deshell them.
- Sprinkle salt and turmeric powder on them. Fry them in oil.
- Set the eggs aside after frying.
- Drizzle oil in pan.
- Chop the tomato and onion. Put it in pan for frying. Add the coconut slices.
- Set aside after frying. Let it cool.
- Make paste.
- Put the paste in pan.
- Take Garam Masala Powder and turmeric powder in a bowl. Add water and make paste.
- Put this masala paste in pan as well.
- Cook for few minutes till raw smell of masala goes away.
- Add water as much needed.
- Add fried eggs.
- Cook on high flame.
- Sprinkle 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder and finish cooking.
Serve hot with rice or roti.