A very simple fish curry, an excellent curry for lunch that makes meal awesome.
This recipe where Pabda fish are cooked in a gravy of mustard paste – tomato. Generally this fish is preferred to be cooked in mustard oil, as the pungent aroma of mustard oil makes the fish more delectable.
Frankly speaking, I am not a big fan of fish . I prefer prawn and that too spicy version. This type of simple curry were never my choice. But when my mother cooked this simple fish curry for us,I couldn’t stop myself from licking my fingers. So, I tried this recipe. To make this recipe more flavourful my Mother asked me to add mustard paste . And it turned out mind-blowing.
The tough task in this preparation is frying fish pieces. Since the skin of Pabda Fish is very thin, as soon it is put in oil for frying it tends to get deskinned. So, make sure to fry this fishes for 1-2 minutes only. Also fry in medium flame. This fishes are mostly cooked as whole.
- Cuisine – Bengali
- Course – Main Course
- Prep time -5 minutes
- Cooking time -10 minutes
- Author Tina
- 2 Pieces Pabda Fish
- 1 Medium Size Tomato
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 Tablespoon Mustard Powder
- Mustard Oil
- Wash fish pieces carefully. Then toss the fish in turmeric powder.
- Pour mustard oil in pan.
- Boil it to smoke, then lower the flame.
- Put the fish pieces in oil for frying.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes in medium flame.
- Set aside the fish after frying.
- Chop Tomato and put it in pan.
- Toss for few minutes, till tomatoes soften.
- Soak mustard powder in water for 30 minutes. Add salt to taste and pinch of turmeric powder in it.
- Put this in pan as tomatoes soften.
- Cook for few minutes till mustard paste gets cooked well.
- Add the fried fish pieces. Cook for few minutes more .
- Drizzle dollops of mustard oil and finish cooking.
SERVE HOT WITH HOT RICE.