Chilli Prawn – an easy to cook Indo- Chinese recipe that can be cooked easily with veggies like capsicum and onion. This recipe tastes awesome and goes fabulous with fried rice or noodles. The main part of cooking prawns is to fry them right.
A Bengali household always fight over Ilish and Chingri(Prawn). It’s the quintessential question that which is your pick – Hilsa or Prawn. My pick is always Prawn, from simple fry to batter fried Prawn Chop to coconut smeared malakari, there are numerous prawn recipes in a Bong Cookbook.
Today’s Recipe is an Indo- Chinese Recipe whose process varies from kitchen to kitchen. This is a very popular Restaurant Style Recipe now we cook often at home.
My mother always asks me to keep health in mind while cooking any cuisine. In this preparation also, I have altered few ingredients to keep this recipe good for health for all.
Check the detailed recipe.
Instead of Tomato ketchup, I have used freshly ground tomato paste.
Also no cornflour has been added. If wished whole wheat flour can act as a good replacement.
- 300 gm Prawn
- 1 Large Capsicum
- 2 Medium size Tomato
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Mustard Oil to Cook
How to Cook Restaurant Style Chilli Prawn?
- Pour mustard oil in pan. Let it boil till smoke comes out.
- Sprinkle salt and turmeric powder on washed prawns. Put them in pan for frying. Fry in medium flame till prawns become golden. Toss in between.
- Make smooth paste of tomato.
- Add turmeric powder and black pepper powder. Mix everything.
- Pour mustard oil in pan if needed.
- Temper the oil with 1 tsp sugar. Wait till sugar becomes brown ( It gives nice colur to the curry).
- Cut capsicum into cubes and put it in pan for frying.
- Add the masala paste. Toss for few minutes.
- Cut onion into cubes and put it in pan. Continue stirring.
- Add the fried Prawns as soon veggies get cooked and raw smell of masala goes away.
- Add water.
- Cook for few minutes in high flame.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.