Fish and Bong goes hand in hand. Fish Curry is must in our meal. From patla Rui Maccher Jhol( Light Fish Stew cooked with Fish pieces) to kurkure Maach Bhaja (crispy Fish fry), any form of Fish Recipe makes our meal more than just food.
I still remember, in our school time, my mother used to cook Maach Bhaja for our School time meal when there was few minutes time to get ready for school. Bhaat served with Dal with a crispy Maach Bhaja was our regular meal.
This Pomfret Fish is very good for our health. There are numerous preparations that are cooked with this fish and holds a special place in Menu chart. There can be Baked Pomfret, Pomfret Macher Jhal that can be cooked with onion, tomato, garlic and spices like Garam Masala.
Today’s Recipe – Sorshe diye Pomfret is one of the easiest way to cook this Delicious Fish. Also it’s not at all Spicy and hence good for health.
This Recipe is my Mother’s favourite , given the lightness of the curry and it’s easy to cook property.
- Cuisine – Bengali
- Course – Main Course
- Prep time -5 minutes
- Cooking time -20 minutes
- 2 Pieces Pomfret Fish
- 6 Spoon Mustard Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tomato
- 8-10 pieces Bori
- Mustard Oil
HOW TO COOK SORSHE POMFRET
- Pour oil in pan. As smoke comes out, put the fish pieces for frying.
- Fry fishes till they become golden.
- Set aside fishes after frying.
- Put the Bori (Red Lentil Dry Fritters) in the same oil for frying.
- Chop Tomato and put it in pan.
- Fry tomatoes till they soften.
- Put mustard powder in a bowl. Add water. Mix everything.
- Put it in a blender, make paste.
- Pour the mixture in pan.
- Add salt to taste, 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder.
- Cook till raw smell goes away.
- Add the fried fish pieces.
- Cook for few minutes till fishes absorb the flavour of mustard powder.
- And it’s ready.
Serve hot with rice.