Delicious Khichdi Recipe cooked with Mug Dal, Biulir Dal and rice. Flavoured with lots of spices, this Khichdi is very good for health as well as awesome in taste. Also this Khichdi is very easy to cook and can be cooked in just 30 minutes.
- Cuisine – Indian
- Course – Main Course
- Prep time -10 minutes
- Cooking time -30 minutes
- Author Tina
- 1 Cup Rice
- 4 Spoon Biulir Dal
- 4-5 Spoon Mug Dal
- 1 Tsp Methi
- 1 /2 tsp Jeera
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- Curry leaves
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Mustard Oil
HOW TO COOK MASALA KHICHDI
- Pour Mustard Oil in pot.
- Temper the oil with 1 tsp Methi and 1/2 tsp Jeera.
- Add 1 tsp mustard seed and curry leaves.
- As everything splatter, add water in the pot.
- Put Biulir Dal first.
- Dry Roast mug Dal and wash it.
- After few minutes, add the rice.
- Add 1 tsp turmeric powder, salt to taste, 1 Tsp sugar.
- Wait till water starts boiling, add the Mug Dal.
- Now wait till everything gets cooked. Cover with a lid in between.
- When rice and Dal gets cooked, it’s ready.