Stuffed with a delicious Aloo Bonda , Vada pav is one elaborate recipe, which consumes lot of time to Cook. But it tastes fabulous. I cooked this recipe for Breakfast. This recipe is a fantastic Snack choice too. An easy to cook recipe which is a popular street food of Mumbai.
It was 2013, we visited Mumbai for the first time. After a tumultuous 36 hour Train ride we were craving for some food when we took off at Lokmanya Tilak station. We had no food by then. And the platform was a barren land because it was wee hours of morning.
We strode out from the platform. A small shack caught our eyes, only living person who was seen cooking something. We surrounded him in no minutes. We saw him, stuffing bread with some pakore. As per our order, he served us warm potato vada loaded buns which we devoured in minutes. Smeared with an aromatic Chutney, and a crunchy bada in the middle, it was the best Breakfast of my life till date.
So, finally after growing up, I tried my hand in cooking this superstar Street food which is hero of many heart.
Check the detailed Recipe written below
- Cuisine – Indian
- Course – Snack
- Prep time -20 minutes
- Cooking time -20 minutes
- Author Tina
- 3 potatoes ( medium)
- Spices for Aloo Bada
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Black Salt to taste
- For Chutney
- 15 pieces Peanut
- 1 Cup Coconut (grated)
- 12 pieces Garlic Cloves
- For Batter
- 1 cup Besan
- 4 Spoon Rice Flour
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt and Gur to taste
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- Curry leaves
HOW TO COOK PAV BHAJI
- Boil potatoes.
- Pour oil in pan (2-3 spoon)
- Temper the oil with 1 tsp Mustard Seeds, curry leaves.
- Put potato cubes in pan.
- Fry them golden
- Take out the potatoes after frying. Let it cool.
- Now dry Roast peanut, garlic cloves, grated coconut (separately).
- Put it in blender together.
- Add Gur to taste and make paste.
- Take out on a plate.
- Take Besan in a bowl. Add 2-4 spoon Rice Flour. Add 1 tsp turmeric powder.
- Add salt to taste and pinch of Gur.
- Add water and make paste. Paste shouldn’t be too runny or thick.
- Mash potatoes and make small balls from it.
- Dip potato balls in the batter.
- Fry them golden. Take out and set aside.
- Now put butter in pan.
- Fry breads in the butter.
- Put breads on a plate after frying.
- Smear both bread with chutney.
- Put Aloo Bada in one.
- Cover with another bread.
- Serve hot!!