Bong thali looks incomplete without a luscious fish preparation. If curry seems tough in short time, then lip smacking maach bhaja comes handy with rice-dal combo. SORSHE KOI is one easy to cook fish recipe that doesn’t need any spices. This no spice fish curry can be cooked quickly and makes one healthy dish for people of any age.
KOI MAACH – also known as walking catfish, is a great source of Omega 3, protein, phosphorous and vitamin . Eating Koi Maach helps in keeping heart healthy, and improves sight level.
There are some iconic Koi Maach preparation that are very close to any Bong’s heart. Be it simple KOI MACHER JHAL or KOI MACHER HORO – GOURI or luscious TEL KOI, KOI Maach is the hero of many traditional Bengali style fish dishes.
SORSHE KOI – an easy to cook Koi Maach preparation, where fried fish pieces are tossed in mustard gravy flavoured with mustard oil. This is a no onion no garlic, as well as no spice recipe, ideal for any age.
Check the easy recipe
- Cuisine – Indian
- Course – Main Course
- Prep time -15 minutes
- Cooking time -20 minutes
- Author – Tina
- 4 pieces Koi Maach
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 8 Spoon Mustard Powder
- 1 medium size Tomato
- Mustard Oil
HOW TO COOK SORSHE KOI
- Pour Mustard oil in pan.
- Boil oil till smoke comes out. Put fish pieces for frying.
- Set aside fish pieces after frying them golden.
- Chop tomato and put it in pan.
- Put mustard powder in a bowl. Add water. Soak for 10 minutes.
- Put it in blender. Make paste.
- Put the paste in pan once tomato softens.
- Add water and boil for few minutes, let the gravy absorb all the flavour.
- Put the fried fish pieces in pan.
- Cook for few minutes more, let fish pieces absorb the flavour of mustard powder.
- Drizzle dollops of mustard oil and finish cooking.
Serve hot with rice.