Prawn Pakora – a popular street snack recipe cooked with prawns, Besan , veggies like onion, garlic cloves and spices. This street snacks are mostly relished as a tea time snack with puffed rice. Even relished with spicy chutney, this aromatic pakoras can be cooked easily as well as quickly.
PAKORA / FRITTERS
Pakora or Fritters are one recipe that we relish both with rice as well as chai. Finding peculiar! Well believe me, it tastes fabulous with both. The batter that I am going to prepare for this fritter here, can be used to cook any type of pakora. Replace prawns with paneer, mash paneer with hand and put it in bowl, mix everything and batter of paneer pakora is ready. Or simply add nothing in the batter other than onion, garlic cloves and ginger slice alongwith Besan and rice flour and whole wheat flour. You can cook yummy crunchy crispy pyazi.
Check the easy way to cook Yummy Prawn Pakora-
1.Deshell prawns before putting it in batter for better taste.
2. Always add combo of rice flour and whole wheat flour in batter of any fries. This combination make pakora more crunchy.
- 250 gm Prawn
- 2 medium size Onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch Ginger slice
- Green Chilli
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tsp Rice Flour
- 1 Cup Besan
- 2 Tsp Whole Wheat Flour
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Mustard Oil
HOW TO COOK PRAWN PAKORA
- Chop onion, garlic cloves and crush the ginger slice.
- Put them in a bowl.
- Season prawns with 1 tsp turmeric powder.
- Put the Prawns in the same bowl.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp rice flour, 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder, 2 tsp whole wheat flour.
- Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Add 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder.
- Mix everything.
- Add little bit of water, and keep mixing.
- Pour mustard oil in pan.
- As oil starts boiling, take lump of batter in Palm and put it in pan.
- Fry in medium-low flame.
- Flip once one side gets cooked.
- Continue frying till both side gets fried evenly.
- Take out on a plate and enjoy!!