An easy to cook Paneer recipe where paneer has been roasted first, then scrambled and cooked in a luscious gravy of tomato and ginger. This no onion no garlic paneer recipe can be cooked on any veg day and relish with hot warm phulkas or pulao.
A creamy paneer curry is an absolute delight for any vegetarian food lover. If the recipe is packed with flavour, then who dares to say no. I have a weakness for paneer curries since my school days. I am a big egg lover. If anyone wants to impress me, cook one hot and spicy egg curry, I am all yours. So, in my school days, paneer used to be a luxury as my Grandmom used to stay with us who was not at all a paneer person. So, I used to sneak peek paneer recipes in magazines or whenever we were on trips as my parents are not restaurant person that much. So, my love came later , when I grew up and we shifted from our home town.
Of all the paneer dishes, paneer makhni is my favourite as the flavour blows off my mind everytime. Also chilli paneer can keep me hooked if the hotness is up to the mark and the spices balances all the flavour. Also Aloo Paneer masala (check my Paneer recipes) always tops the list because of its humbleness. It’s that one paneer curry, which needs no extraordinary things to cook , as well as can be cooked easily and quickly.
Paneer Bharta- The name itself is suggesting that the recipe involves no extra frying of paneer cubes. Here to give a nice smoky aroma, I have roasted the paneer before cooking them in the gravy.
How to Cook Paneer Bharta
- 250 gm Paneer
- 2-4 Spoon Curd
- 2 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Salt
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 1 large Tomato
- 1/2 Beetroot
- 1/2 inch Ginger Slice
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
HOW TO COOK
- Take 3 tsp curd in a bowl. Add 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder and 1 tsp Black Salt. Mix well and marinate paneer with the mixture. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop the tomato and beetroot and ginger slice and make paste.
- Put the roti jali stand on oven. Lower the flame. Roast the marinated paneer for 10 minutes. Take it out and scramble with a khunti.
- Add dollops of ghee in pan. Pour oil next(preferred rice bran oil). Temper the oil with 1 tsp sugar and 2 cinnamon sticks.
- Add the masala paste.
- Take a bowl. Put the remaining curd in the bowl. Add 1 tsp Turmeric powder and 1/3 tsp Garam Masala Powder. Mix it and put it in pan.
- Continue stirring. (Beetroot has a strong odour which takes time to evaporate).
- Add water as masala gets cooked. Boil the water for few minutes.
- When water absorbs the flavour, add the scrambled paneer.
- Mix well and let it boil for few minutes more.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder. Mix well and finish cooking.