A healthy tasty wholewheat flatbread Recipe cooked with fenugreek leaves. Since this Paratha is cooked with fenugreek leaves, this Paratha is a healthy choice. Packed with nutrients and flavours,this Paratha is a quick to cook recipe and can be served with any curry or curd.
Since my school days, I have a special fondness for any type of Shaak. Be it Palang Shaak (world famous spinach leaves) or laal Shaak ( red spinach leaves) which are often cooked at our home, I never say no to any Shaak. Also this leaves are very good for health, given that they are source of useful nutrients. We, Bengali, our meal is incomplete without a lump of Shaak served right with the rice. We mostly start our eating with anything bitter like ucche (bitter gourd) or neem pata (neem leaves) in any form like neem Aloo bhate( mashed potato with fried neem leaves) or neem begun ( mishmash of neem leaves and brinjal cubes cooked in Mustard Oil). Now Shaak is another thing that has come a long way. In good old days, Shaak Bhaja used to be must in any traditional Bengali festival. Eating used to start with Shaak Bhaja on side and dollop of ghee on top of rice.
I had this Methi Paratha for the first time few years back, while I was on a trip to Mumbai. Hot Parathas were served over curd, I can still feel the taste in our mouth. My Ma then tried this recipe at home. The soft flaky Parathas were so tasty that we ate it without any side dish. This is the first time I tried this recipe.
There are several ways to COOK any Recipe. Suppose this recipe can be cooked without mashing the leaves. Simply fry them in oil with salt and sugar. Then knead dough with them. And the other way is the way I have cooked it.
Check the detailed recipe below
- 100 GM Fenugreek leaves
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 4 Tsp Curd
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- Rice bran Oil
How to Cook Methi Paratha
- Perboil the Shaak. Take it out in a bowl. Add 1 tsp salt and 1 Tsp sugar. Add 1 tsp turmeric powder in the same. Put it in blender and make paste.
- Take whole wheat flour in a bowl
- Add salt and sugar ( 1 Tsp each). Add the curd. Mix everything.
- Add the fenugreek leave paste. Mix it.
- Add water and knead dough. The Dough shouldn’t be too soft nor too hard. Rest it for 30 minutes.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Roll Paratha.
- Put tawa on oven. Put the Paratha on tawa.
- Flip it once one side gets cooked.
- Drizzle oil once one side of Paratha gets cooked.
- Fry them golden in medium flame.
- Serve with curd or curry.