This quick delectable Bengali style Poha is mainly served for Breakfast. Cooked with loads of veggies like cauliflower, carrot,peas, this Chirer Pulao recipe flavoured with Garam Masala is an admirable ensemble of sweetness and spice. Also this is a very healthy breakfast cooked in minimal oil.
Winter means abundance of green vegetables. From fresh spinach to cute peas,from colourful carrots to beautiful cauliflower, sometimes it becomes irresistible to stop from buying them. Winter has never been favourite in my childhood days. From draping myself in sweater and monkey cap (my most disliked costume) to small days and bigger nights, there was nothing to love about winter. But a small corner of my heart always longed for the flavour of cauliflower florets getting fried in oil. And who can dislike gurer Sandesh, soupy jhola Gur making our cold days warm with their love. You can say food plays a big role in making me falling in love with this season.
There are two types of Chire/ Flattened rice available in the market. One is thin which is ideal for Chire Bhaja( Flattened rice deep fried in oil with peanuts, ideal for snack). But the ideal Chire for pulao is bit thick in texture so that it doesn’t crumble while washing in water. Also Perboil veggies after chopping them. It makes frying them easy.
Check the detailed recipe below:
- 3 Cup Chire/ Flattened Rice
- 2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 1 Tsp Jeera/ Cumin Seeds
- 1 cup carrot slices ( 2 carrot)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets (1/2 cauliflower)
- 1 cup potato slices ( 2 medium size Potato)
- Cashew nuts
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Vegetable Oil
HOW TO COOK CHIRER PULAO
- Take 3 Cup Chire in a bowl. Wash it in cold water. Drain out the water after washing them. Let it dry.
- Chop the veggies and Perboil them before cooking.
- Pour vegetable oil in pan. Temper the oil with 1 tsp Jeera.
- Put carrot slices in pan for frying.
- Add cauliflower florets next. Fry them in low flame for few minutes.
- Add potato slices next. Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Add 1 tsp turmeric powder.
- Mix everything. Add dollop of ghee. Keep frying till veggies soften.
- Put the cashew nuts in pan once veggies get fried.
- Sprinkle 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder in Chire and mix well.
- Put the Chire in pan. Carefully mix veggies with Chire. Add sugar to taste.
- Cook for few minutes in low flame.
- Sprinkle 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder and finish cooking.