This green peas curry, cooked with green peas and paste of tomato-onion to make this gravy rich and bit Spicy. This green peas curry is a very simple Recipe and the cooking doesn’t involve much lavishments. The ingredients to cook this recipe is mostly available at our kitchen. Also this recipe can be cooked in two ways. One way is to cook the curry in onion garlic paste and the other way is to cook it without any onion and garlic. In both ways it tastes awesome.
This restaurant style curry , which can be paired with any kind of Indian bread and rice is our family favourite. In our home, we mostly relish it with roti or luchi. My mother mostly cooks it without any onion and garlic. She prefers to keep the curry simple. But I wanted to cook this recipe in different flavour.
Peas should be perboiled before any cooking. Boiling softens peas, hence makes it more tasty.
Vegetarian people can skip the onion garlic paste and instead use a paste of curd-cashew paste to cook the curry.
- 1 large Tomato
- 300 gm Peas
- 1 medium size Onion
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 Tsp Curd
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 Lemon
- Rice Bran Oil
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
HOW TO COOK PEAS CURRY
- Perboil peas before starting the recipe.
- Chop onion and tomato into thin slices.
- Put it in blender. Add 1 tsp Turmeric powder and salt to taste. Make paste.
- Pour rice bran oil in pan. Temper the oil with 1 dry red chilli.
- Add the masala paste.
- Crush the garlic cloves and put it in pan.
- Add 1/2 tsp curd. Mix everything.
- Cook in medium flame till raw smell of masala goes away.
- Take it out and set aside.
- Put peas in pan for frying.
- Fry them for 2-5 minutes in Medium Flame.
- As peas get fried, add the masala paste.
- Mix well and continue cooking in medium flame.
- Take 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder in a bowl. Add water and make paste.
- Add water in pan. Add the garam masala paste. Mix Everything.
- Cook for few minutes more.
- Add the lime juice and mix it. Put off the flame.