This Bengali style potato curry is easy to cook and tastes Awesome. Paired with luchi, paratha or simple roti, this potato curry recipe cooked with steamed potato cubes and tomato slices flavoured with the aroma of dry red chilli. This recipe can be cooked in just 10 minutes as potatoes are perboiled before cooking. Also this is a less Spicy Curry , hence is good for people of any age.
At our home, we prefer to have roti (plain tortilla) for breakfast. Generally some easy to cook curry are preferred to pair the roti with. Aloo morich ( Potato Cubes tossed in pepper powder ) are family favourite. If else, this potato curry is cooked to have with roti. Since no spices are used to cook this curry recipe it is very light and hence good for health. Flavour of dry red Chilli doesn’t make the taste bland.
Before cooking this curry, potatoes are chopped into cubes and perboiled. This step not only fastens the cooking but also makes the texture of potatoes nice.
- 2 Cup Potato Cubes
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee
- Mustard Oil
HOW TO COOK POTATO CURRY
- Chop Potato into cubes. Perboil them before cooking.
- Drizzle mustard oil in pan. Temper the oil with 1 dry red Chilli and 1 Tsp sugar. Put the potato cubes.
- Chop Tomato into slices and put it in pan as well.
- Mix everything. Add water in the pan.
- Wait till water starts boiling. As water starts boiling, cover with a lid and lower the flame.
- Cook for few minutes.
- Pour Ghee in a ladle and temper 1 Tsp Jeera.
- Pour it over the curry.
- Mix everything and put off the flame.
Do try this recipe and let me know your thoughts.