Luchi with Alur Torkari goes hand in hand. This heavenly combination holds a special position in our heart. Any celebration is incomplete without a happy bowl of Alur Torkari served right with Phulko Luchi.
This delicious recipe is very easy to cook. Now the name Sada Alur Torkari comes from the colour of the curry. Since there is no turmeric powder, neither any red chilli powder, this curry looks bit white in colour.
HOW TO COOK BENGALI STYLE ALUR TORKARI ( BENGALI STYLE POTATO STEW)
- 5 Medium Size Potato
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Mustard Oil to Cook
- 1 Tsp Nigella Seeds
- 1 Tsp Indian Five Spice
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Dry Red Chilli
Cut the potatoes into cubes. Boil them before cooking. Not only it fastens the cooking, but also boils the potatoes evenly.
STEP BY STEP PREPARATION
- Pour mustard oil in pan.
- Temper the oil with 1 tsp Nigella Seeds, 1 Tsp Indian five spice and 2 dry red Chilli.
- Put the perboiled potato cubes. Start frying.
- Add salt and sugar to taste
- Chop the tomato into cubes. Put it in pan.
- Saute them.
- Add water as much needed.
- Lower the flame, cook till water absorbs the flavour of the masala.
- Serve hot.