Dhokar Dalna, one of the most popular and loved recipe of Bengal. Be it any festival or celebration of any auspicious occasion like Paite (Sacred thread ceremony), annaprason (first rice eating ceremony), sadh (baby shower ceremony), this Bengali delicacy is a must in the platter. Fried Dhokas cooked in a spicy mushy gravy makes a delightful meal.
To skip the regular version of cooking this recipe with Cholar Dal, I have used Besan in cooking this authentic recipe. And it turned out magnificent.
- Cuisine – Indian
- Course – Main Course
- Prep time -30 minutes
- Cooking Time -15 minutes
- Author Tina
- 1 Cup Besan
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Salt and Gur to taste
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 Inch Ginger Slice
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- Mustard Oil to Cook
- Take a bowl. Take the Besan in bowl.
- Add salt to taste, pinch of turmeric powder.
- Add water and prepare the batter.
- Add 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder.
- Whisk everything.
- Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp Baking Powder. Whisk again.
- Pour the mixture in butter greased box.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut into cubes and fry them.
- Fry them golden brown and set aside.
- Cut tomato, Ginger Slice. Make a paste.
- Add the spices in a bowl. Add water and make paste.
- Now put the tomato paste in same oil.
- Start frying.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add water once masala starts changing colour.
- Add the spice paste.
- Add gur to taste. Cook for few minutes in medium flame.
- Mix well.
- Add the fried dhoklas.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder and finish cooking.