A delicious, spicy and flavourful egg curry cooked in restaurant style. This egg curry is perfect when you want to cook something simple yet packed with flavours.
A popular Indian Curry , best served with rice , pulao or with Indian breads like Paratha or roti.
Eggs are something that I enjoy most, from cooking to eating. Also sometimes I even eat boiled eggs. Egg curry is something that we often cook at our house, also we add potatoes along with eggs in the curry.
Egg Curry – one of the popular side dish, that are cooked in several ways. Various regions of our country offers various types of egg curry, flavoured with various spices.
Today’s recipe is simple easy to cook curry , Bengali style Egg Curry.
Always boil eggs before cooking.
Add teaspoon of salt in boiling. Add drop of oil in boiling, it helps in removing the shell easily without breaking the eggs.
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Medium Size Potato
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Onion
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- Mustard Oil
HOW TO COOK EGG CURRY
- Boil eggs in salt water. Deshell them. Cut potatoes into cubes. Boil them.
- Coat eggs and potatoes with salt and turmeric powder.
- Pour mustard oil in pan. Fry the eggs and set aside.
- Temper oil with 1 tsp sugar and 1 dry red Chilli.
- Put the perboiled potato cubes for frying.
- Make a paste of tomato, Onion, garlic cloves, bay leaf, Cardamom.
- Put the masala paste in pan.
- Saute them.
- Add 1 tsp turmeric powder, salt to taste, 1 Tsp Coriander Powder, 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder.
- Saute them for few minutes.
- Add the fried eggs.
- Add water.
- Cook for few minutes in medium flame.
- Sprinkle 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder and finish cooking.