A traditional Bengali recipe , where potatoes are cooked in poppy seed paste. It is a lightly spiced curry.
This recipe is a perfect example of when just a few ingredients can yield the fantastic dish which people savour for years. A staple in Bengali household, this recipe has a separate fan base.
- Cuisine – Bengali
- Course – Main Course
- Prep time -10 minutes
- Cooking time -10 minutes
- Author Tina
- 1 Bowl Potato Cubes
- 6 Spoon Poppy Seed
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Dry Red Chilli
HOW TO COOK BENGALI STYLE ALOO POSTO
- Perboil the potatoes after cutting into cubes. Set aside.
- Dry Roast the poppy seed.( It gives nice aroma)
- Add water and grind it in a grinder.
- Pour mustard oil in pan.
- Put the potatoes for frying.
- As potatoes become golden, add the poppy seed Paste.
- Add salt to taste and pinch of turmeric powder.
- Saute them.
- Cook for few minutes.
- Add water ( pour water in the grinder bowl and put it in pan. Will use the remaining poppy seed Paste).
- Cook for few minutes till water gets dried.
- Pour dollops of mustard oil and finish cooking.
- Serve with Rice.