Just few days left for Navratri, so here comes no onion no garlic meal – Kadai Paneer.
A flavourful dish cooked in a tomato based gravy without any onion and garlic. The signature of this recipe is that despite being cooked in minimal ingredients, the aroma and flavor of this recipe is outstanding.
It is another one of the popular paneer recipe available on menu of all restaurant.
Kadai Paneer gets its unique flavour from the freshly ground KADAI MASALA. Will soon upload the detailed preparation on my Blog.
- Cuisine – Indian
- Course – Main Course
- Prep time -10 minutes
- Cooking time -20 minutes
- Author – Tina
Always dry roast the spices till it becomes fragnant, then grind to a fine powder, to get the best aroma in the curry.
- 500 gm Paneer
- 3 Tomato
- 1/2 inch Ginger Slice
- 4 Tablespoon Kadai Masala
- 2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt and Gur to taste.
- 1 tsp Lime juice
- 1/2 Beetroot
HOW TO COOK KADAI PANEER
- Soak paneer in warm water for 10-15 minutes.
- Then marinate paneer cubes with salt and lime juice for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut tomato into slices. Squeeze ginger and put it in blender alongwith tomato slices. Cut beetroot into thin slices. Make a smooth paste.
- Add butter in pan.
- Fry paneer cubes. Set aside after frying.
- Pour oil in pan.
- Add the masala paste.
- Saute in medium flame for few minutes.
- Add the Kadai Masala, 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder and salt to taste.
- Cook till masala starts changing colour.
- Add water as much needed.
- Wait till water starts boiling.
- Add fried paneer cubes.
- Add gur to taste.
- Cook for few minutes more.
- As water absorbs the flavour of masala, it’s ready.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder if wish.