Paratha,cooked with rice!! Have you ever tried this recipe. Paratha is a staple food. This Paratha Recipe has been cooked with overnight soaked Gobindobhog rice, loaded with veggies thus making this recipe more healthy. This recipe is easy to cook, also since it is full of veggies alongwith rice, 1 Paratha is sufficient for 1 person.
It’s been a long time now, since we are living in NEW NORMAL. From going out only if necessary to doing work from home since March, life has changed a lot and has become monotonous too. We couldn’t indulge in some yummy food which is totally new for us or trying out some food from local shacks. So , this weekend I tried this recipe that has been cooked from rice. The benefits of this recipe is it can be cooked with leftover rice too. Other ingredients will remain same as I am going to share in this recipe.
This recipe can be served with hot garlic chutney or coriander chutney. If wish, one can have this Paratha without any side dish, it itself is very tasty.
- Cuisine- Indian
- Course- Main Course
- Prep time -8 Hours
- Cooking time -20 minutes
- Author Tina
- 1 Cup Gobindobhog Rice
- 1 Medium Size Potato
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Nuts
HOW TO COOK RICE PARATHA
- Soak 1 cup Gobindobhog rice overnight in water. Next morning drain out the water. Put the rice in blender
- Chop potato into cubes. Put it in blender as well.
- Make paste.
- Take out the paste in a bowl. Add 1 tsp salt, 1 Tsp sugar, 1 Tsp Baking Powder.
- Whip everything.
- Add 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder ,1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder.
- Whip again.
- Chop veggies into fine pieces. Put it in the bowl. Mix everything.
- Now pour ghee in pan. Pour 1 ladle of batter in pan.
- Fry Paratha till veggies get cooked.
- Cover with a lid in between so that rice and veggies get cooked well.
- Transfer to a plate once Paratha gets ready.
- Serve with chutney of your choice.
Enjoy in Breakfast or Snack.